The overall objective of the training program of the Australasian College of Aesthetic Medicine is:
To produce medical practitioners who are safe, skilled and competent in the management of all aspects of aesthetic medicine.
Entry to the ACAM training program is open to registered medical practitioners.
Overview of Aesthetic Medicine Training
All registered (in their country of residence) medical practitioners are welcome to enrol in the Diploma of Cosmetic Medicine. Candidates can access the Diploma training material via the online tutorials. Examination is held annually usually corresponding to our annual conference.
The diploma is awarded after:
- Successful completion of 12 monthly tutorials online
- Successful completion of written examination*
- Successful completion of Viva examination*
- Logbook 100 cases
- attending Three Day Clinical Workshop which is held annually and provides practical experience in Cosmetic Medicine procedures
- 2 year full time equivalent experience in Cosmetic Medicine. This can be attained part time and is the doctor’s responsibility to attain.
- Two references by medical colleague with details of Cosmetic Medicine experience
After successful completion of the diploma, if the doctor is already a Fellow of an AMC recognised college he will be offered fellowship.
*NOTE: Examinations are held annually. Applicant must be a current full member of the Australasian Society of Cosmetic Medicine (ASCM).